Tariffs, policies and notices can affect pricing on coal shipments. Many costs are also market-specific. This section will provide an overview of costs, allowables and conditions.
- Tariffs outline current rules and guidelines governing the movement of coal trains.
- Notices and supplements describe changes that have been made in the tariffs after the initial document was published.
- If you are involved in our export, river or tidewater coal markets, read those market-specific tariffs.
- The Open-Top Car Policy defines our procedure for maximum allowable weight and overload conditions.
Subscribe to receive email notification when changes are made to a tariff. The notification will point you to this page so you can review the changes at your convenience.
Notices, Policies and Circulars
Notice: Customer Letter - Circular 8082 - July 1, 2008 (PDF)
Circular 8082 (effective July 1, 2008) (PDF)
Open-Top Loading Policy (effective July 1, 2007) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 - River Coal
Cancellations, Changes, Notices and Policies
Notice: Tariff 4736 Reissue (effective January 1, 2012) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 Publication Information (effective 1/1/2012) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 CSXT and Participating Carrier Rates (effective 1/1/2012) (Excel)
Publication CSXT 8200 - Coal and Coke Accessorial Prices
Publication CSXT 8200(PDF) Effective January 1, 2018
CSXT 8200 Archive
If you experience difficulty with opening a PDF, please use one of the following options:
- Use another browser, if available.
- Download the file by right clicking the link and clicking “Save Target As…”.
- In the settings for Adobe Acrobat, update the settings to force PDF’s to open in Acrobat rather than in the browser. This can be done by opening Adobe Acrobat, clicking Edit -> Preferences. Under Categories, select 'Internet' then uncheck the box that says 'Display PDF in browser'.