Tariffs, policies and notices can affect pricing on coal shipments. Many costs are also market-specific. This section will provide an overview of costs, allowables and conditions.
- Tariffs outline current rules and guidelines governing the movement of coal trains.
- Notices and supplements describe changes that have been made in the tariffs after the initial document was published.
- If you are involved in our export, river or tidewater coal markets, read those market-specific tariffs.
- The Open-Top Car Policy defines our procedure for maximum allowable weight and overload conditions.
Subscribe to receive email notification when changes are made to a tariff. The notification will point you to this page so you can review the changes at your convenience.
Notices, Policies and Circulars
Notice: Customer Letter - Circular 8082 - July 1, 2008 (PDF)
Circular 8082 (effective July 1, 2008) (PDF)
Open-Top Loading Policy (effective July 1, 2007) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 - River Coal
Cancellations, Changes, Notices and Policies
Notice: Tariff 4736 Reissue (effective January 1, 2012) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 Publication Information (effective 1/1/2012) (PDF)
Tariff 4736 CSXT and Participating Carrier Rates (effective 1/1/2012) (Excel)
Publication CSXT 8200 - Coal and Coke Accessorial Prices
Publication CSXT 8200(PDF) Effective July 1, 2017
List of Changes for January 1, 2017 (PDF)
List of Changes for July 1, 2017 (PDF)
CSXT 8200 Archive
If you experience difficulty with opening a PDF, please use one of the following options:
- Use another browser, if available.
- Download the file by right clicking the link and clicking “Save Target As…”.
- In the settings for Adobe Acrobat, update the settings to force PDF’s to open in Acrobat rather than in the browser. This can be done by opening Adobe Acrobat, clicking Edit -> Preferences. Under Categories, select 'Internet' then uncheck the box that says 'Display PDF in browser'.