CSX accepts applications submitted through our website only.
Learn About Types of Jobs
Check our Job Overviews to learn about the different kinds of jobs at CSX.
Search for Available Positions
- Jobs will be posted as they become available. For a current list of positions, please visit CSX.com/Careers or click here.
- Select the criteria for your Job Search, and click the 'Search for Jobs' button. Results will appear below the criteria you selected.
- Click on a job name to see a detailed description and a link to apply.
- Click the 'Apply Online' button, accept the Privacy Agreement and follow the simple instructions on each screen.
How the Hiring Process Works
CSX accepts applications with relevant resumes, submitted through our website only. In order to be considered for any type of position, you must fill out the online application. Resumes that are mailed, e-mailed or hand-delivered to CSX or any employee will not be considered.
Once you have submitted an online application, our employment team will review it and notify you via email if you have been selected to participate in the next step of the recruiting process. Due to the high volume of applications received, if you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via the email address you have on file.
The hiring process involves successful completion of a number of steps including interviews and pre-employment testing to assess job-related qualifications.
Requirements and timing vary by department. Individual job postings specify the required education, experience and certifications/licenses.
Persons with disabilities: If you are applying for a job at CSX and need to request accommodation, contact us at AccommodationRequest@csx.com. Please include your phone number. CSX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.
Physical Capabilities Tests
For some jobs, candidates are required to take and pass a physical capabilities test(s). Candidates are guided through active warm-ups prior to taking the test(s).
Biodex Isokinetic Strength Test
- Biodex Isokinetic Strength Test – The purpose of this test is to evaluate the candidate’s muscular strength in the upper and lower extremities. Watch a Biodex video demonstration (WMV) .
Relevant Jobs: Boilermaker, Bridge Mechanic, Bridge Tender, select Clerk positions, Communications Maintainer, Diesel Locomotive Electrician, Diesel Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic-Coal Pier, Electronic Signal Specialist, Heavy Equipment Operator, Pier Technician-Coal Pier, Road Electrician, Roadway Mechanic, Sheet Metal Worker-Plumber, Sheet Metal Worker-Pipefitter, Welder Helper.
Biodex Isokinetic Strength Test and 3-Minute Step Test
Relevant Jobs: Assistant Signal Worker, Entry Level Signal Worker, Carman, Conductor, Track Worker, Track Worker System Production Team, Utility Worker, Utility Laborer.