Pride in Service grants are intended to serve those who serve, and will be available to organizations that honor and support national and local heroes – veterans, active military and first responders.
To apply for a Pride in Service grant, an organization must qualify under one of the following charitable criteria:
- It qualifies by possessing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as listed in the IRS Master File of organizations conducting activities in the United States.
- It qualifies as a state, county or municipal government entity, including law enforcement and fire rescue departments, and seeks funding to serve the needs of the community at large.
- It qualifies as a pre-K–12 school, charter school, community/junior college, or college/university.
CSX grants do not support the following:
- Telephone/mail solicitations (U.S. mail and email)
- Organizations outside of CSX’s service network
- Religious organizations not registered with the IRS
- Organizations that discriminate (based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Limited constituency organizations/clubs
- Individuals, conferences, travel
- Anti-business groups or controversial organizations
Apply for a CSX Pride in Service Grant (Suggested Ranges are $2,500 to $25,000)