CSX Community Service Grants assist organizations that make a strong, quantifiable impact on their greater communities. The online application for Community Service Grants is open from Jan. 1 through Dec. 15 each year. Every effort will be made to respond to applications within 30–45 days. Remaining applications are automatically closed after 90 days.
To apply for a CSX Community Service Grant, an organization must qualify under one of the following charitable criteria:
- It qualifies by possessing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as listed in the IRS Master File of organizations conducting activities in the United States.
- It qualifies as a state, county or municipal government entity, including law enforcement and fire rescue departments, and seeks funding to serve the needs of the community at large.
- It qualifies as a pre-K–12 school, charter school, community/junior college, or college/university.
CSX Community Service Grants do not support the following:
- Telephone/mail solicitations (U.S. mail and email)
- Organizations outside of CSX’s service network
- Religious organizations not registered with the IRS
- Organizations that discriminate (based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Limited constituency organizations/clubs
- Individuals, conferences, travel
- Anti-business groups or controversial organizations
Apply for a CSX Community Service Grant