Code of Ethics (PDF)
The Right Way: How You Get There Matters
CSX Code of Ethics
To be the safest, most progressive North American railroad, relentless in the pursuit of customer and employee excellence.
To capitalize on the efficiency of rail transportation to serve America.
Our Core Values:
- It Starts with the Customer
- Reliable service is our key to growth.
- Grow by understanding and meeting needs.
- Become easier to do business with.
- Own their problems – win their business.
- People Make the Difference
- Every employee engaged and adding value.
- Emphasis on professional and personal growth.
- Expect a lot – have fun – celebrate success.
- Treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Safety is a Way of Life
- Live safely for your family.
- Take time to be safe.
- Look out for each other.
- Safety affects customers.
- Use customer-based performance measures.
- Fix the problem, not its symptoms.
- Improve performance with facts.
- Validate – don’t speculate.
- Right Results, Right Way
- Reward our shareholders.
- Be a positive influence on communities and the environment.
- How you get there matters.
- Avoid fault-fixing.
Want to learn more? Visit the Employee Gateway or www.csx.com.
Meeting Our Responsibilities – Applying Our Core Values
Our Responsibilities to One Another
Our Responsibilities to Our Business Partners
Our Responsibilities to Protect Information and Assets
Our Responsibilities to Comply with the Law
Our Responsibilities to Our Neighbors