Would you like to ship your product by rail? Let us help you find a warehouse that meets your needs.
Click here (PDF) to download information on how to incorporate a warehouse into your supply chain.
To start shipping your product on rail, you should:
- Refer to the New to CSX or Rail information.
- Determine which warehouse(s) can handle your product at origin/destination. Locate a Warehouse
- Contact the warehouse for a price quote.
What you need to know before calling a warehouse to secure a price quote:
- What are you shipping?
- When is the anticipated start/end date?
- How many rail cars do you plan to ship each month/year?
- What are the dimensions of your product (length, width and height)?
- What is the per-unit weight of your product?
- Will on-site storage be required?
- Will the warehouse need to provide you any value-added services?
- Will you need to hire a trucking company to provide transportation services between the warehouse and the origin/destination?
Most warehouses offer the following services:
- Cross docking and handling.
- On-site storage.
Many rail-served warehouses also provide value-added services, such as:
- Wrapping and repalletizing.
- Stripping/stuffing containers.
- Inventory tracking systems (i.e., bar coding technology).
- System integration through EDI data transfers.