CSX is an integral part of the North American forest products industry, moving a wide range of products for the country’s largest paper companies, as well as small producers and receivers. According to the American Association of Railroads, America’s freight railroads move more than a million carloads of forest and paper products each year. CSX provides service to more than 80 pulp and paper mills, along with box plants and numerous fiber sources.
CSX reaches key origin and destination growth areas, providing safe, cost-effective and reliable service. Through our network and interline partners, we connect with producers and receivers from Canada and the Pacific Northwest to the Eastern United States. Rail offers many advantages over truck transport, helping move your products farther at a lower cost.
Why Choose Rail?
- Railroads can transport freight longer distances at lower prices compared to trucks.
- Rail cars can carry approximately three times the load of a truck.
- Even if your origin and/or destination are not rail served, you can still get the benefits of rail by using a reloader or warehouse.
- Access to major production and consumption markets.
- Railroads are the most environmentally friendly method of land transportation – for times more fuel efficient than trucks on average.
Our customers benefit from expert guidance that comes from years of working in the forest product supply chain. With strong industry knowledge and long-lasting relationships with shippers and receivers, we are able to customize transportation solutions. Let us work with you to find your needs for shipping all types of printing and packaging paper, newsprint, scrap paper, woodpulp, logs, woodchips and wood pellets.
Contact our Merchandise Sales team at Merchandise@csx.com, or call 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), options 5 – 1 to get started.