Choose CSX and take advantage of the many benefits we provide crude oil shippers.
Flexibility: CSX has the most options available for crude oil destinations on the East Coast. Our many options and various solutions allow you to quickly adapt to changes in the marketplace. See a map of our destinations.
Refineries we can access include:
- Irving Oil—St. John, NB, Calif.
- Marathon Petroleum, Catlettsburg, Ky.
- Phillips 66—Linden, N.J.
- Nustar—Paulsboro, N.J.
- PBF—Paulsboro, N.J.
- Husky—Lima, Ohio
- BP—Toledo, Ohio
- PBF—Toledo, Ohio
- Philadelphia Energy Solutions—Philadelphia, Pa.
- Delta Airlines/Monroe Energy—Trainer, Pa.
Terminals we can access include:
- Genesis—Walnut Hill, Fla.
- Buckeye—Perth Amboy, N.J.
- Sunoco Logistics—Westville, N.J.
- Buckeye—Albany, N.Y.
- Eddystone Rail Company—Eddystone, Pa.
- Plains All American Pipeline—Amoco, Va.
Velocity: Our route between Chicago and Albany has minimal grade and is all double track, allowing CSX to get your crude oil trains from Chicago to the Philadelphia area in less than 48 hours. Our speed will help you get the most productivity out of your cars by minimizing your equipment cycle times enabling you to ship more trains.
Priority: Interested in shipping crude to the Philly area? CSX has the best route to Philadelphia.
Capacity: Our network is ready to support the growth of crude oil today. CSX has the ability to handle more than 400,000 barrels of crude per day into the Philadelphia market.
Safety: At CSX, safety is a way of life. We invest significant time and resources to increase the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities in which we serve.
- First Responder Training in Communities: CSX provides emergency planning assistance and training to local fire, police and emergency response personnel in the communities we serve. Learn more
- Advanced technology employed on our routes to detect equipment defects of en-route trains.
- CSX complies with all federal safety standards and exceeds many of the rail industry's voluntary practices. These are standards related to the securing of trains, job briefings, and equipment inspections, among others.
Interested in learning more? Contact our Crude Oil experts or visit www.csxcrudebyrail.com for more information.