CSX provides various solutions to meet your crude oil shipping needs.
Our refinery direct solution provides a low per-barrel transportation cost by minimizing product-handling and terminal costs. We can offer initial concepts on plant track design and service plans. A refinery direct solution could be up and running in as little as 4 months.
Interested in building a crude oil terminal or using a terminal? CSX has experience building and serving crude oil terminals throughout our network. Depending on the locations, terminals can be up and running in as little as 3 months.
Rail to Pipe, Pipe to Rail
CSX currently provides a rail to pipe solution and is looking for partners for a pipe to rail solution. In Walnut Hill, Fla., we are shipping unit trains of crude oil to an existing pipeline system.
Facility infrastructure and capabilities include:
- Ability to accept and unload 116 rail cars (about 83,000 bbls of crude) in ~16hours
- 100,000 bbl tank
- Access to Liberty Station and into Capline
Learn more about our transport options.
A transloading terminal offers a wide array of services to facilitate the transloading of crude oil, including:
- Design and construction of track
- Obtain and hold all necessary permits
- Installation of manifold and pipeline system
- Day to day unloading operation
- 24/7 unloading operation
- Prepare train for empty release