When do you need to request dimensional/clearance handling?
Is your product or shipment:
- Any load greater than 10' 8" wide
- Any load greater than 10' 8" high
- Any load greater than 60' long
- Any load greater than 150,000 lbs
- Any load less than 18' long and weighs over 140,000 lbs (concentrated load)
- Any load that overhangs the sides or ends of the loaded rail car
- Any load with a value greater than $1,000,000
If so, special clearance handling is required. Learn more
*These conditions apply only to CSXT. Other railroads may have different definitions of a dimensional load.
The fastest and easiest way to order cars, submit shipping instructions, request switching service, track and trace, report a problem, and receive and pay freight bills is with our secure eBusiness tools. Learn more.