The 90-Car GrainExpress Load/Unload program offers financial incentives for enrolled customers to load or unload a unit grain train.
Key Program Details
Rules and Restrictions
Apply for GrainExpress
Express Origins and Destinations
Refund Settlement Form
- The facility must be certified by CSX to be capable of receiving a unit train of 90 cars in one cut and have space to hold 3 locomotives while loading/unloading the train.
- The facility must be approved for 6-axle locomotives.
- The facility must be located on CSXT or a short line that interchanges with CSXT and uses CSXT "run thru" power.
- Trains may be made up of private or railroad-owned cars.
- Express Unload will only apply to feed mills.
- The 15-hour time window starts at the first of 4 specific time periods: 0001, 0600, 1200, or 1800 hours. (If a customer is located on a short line, a 24-hour window will apply from interchange to interchange with the short line.)
- Express Load participants receive $75 per car per 90-car train, and Unload participants receive $75 per car per 90-car train for all trains released within the prescribed time period.
- There is no relief for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays with the following exceptions: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Applicable demurrage provisions as found in the CSXT 8100 apply
- CSXT reserves the right to cancel the agreement with 30 days’ written notice
- CSXT reserves the right to reject any application at its sole discretion
- Review a sample contract (PDF)
To apply for the GrainExpress Load/Unload program, complete the application.
For a complete listing of our current Express locations, refer to the Agriculture Locations Map and select Express.
Refund Settlement Form (Excel): Save to your computer and enter your data throughout the month. Then email it as an attachment to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (to save to your computer, right-click on the link and choose "Save As").