The 90-Car GrainExpress Load/Unload program offers financial incentives for enrolled customers to load or unload a unit grain train.
Key Program Details
Rules and Restrictions
Apply for GrainExpress
Express Origins and Destinations
Refund Settlement Form
- The facility must be certified by CSX to be capable of receiving a unit train of 90 cars in one cut and have space to hold 3 locomotives while loading/unloading the train.
- The facility must be approved for 6-axle locomotives.
- The facility must be located on CSXT or a short line that interchanges with CSXT and uses CSXT "run thru" power.
- Trains may be made up of private or railroad-owned cars.
- Express Unload will only apply to feed mills.
- Locations will be alloted 15 hours to load/unload the entire train.
- Express participants receive an incentive per car per 90-car train for all trains released within the prescribed time period.
- There is no relief for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Applicable demurrage provisions as found in the CSXT 8100 apply
- CSXT reserves the right to cancel the agreement with 30 days’ written notice
- CSXT reserves the right to reject any application at its sole discretion
- Grain train operations CSXT 9305 apply.
To apply for the GrainExpress Load/Unload program, complete the application.
For a complete listing of our current Express locations, refer to the Agriculture Locations Map and select Express.
This form must be submitted no less than 30 days after the end of the calendar month following the train movement.
- Example - June 5th train submit by July 31st.
- Must be submitted via Excel.
- One submission per agreement per month.
- Ten trains move in one month, list all ten trains on one submission.
- If multiple locations are governed in one agreement locations may be combined on the same form but not required.
Refund Settlement Form (Excel): Save to your computer and enter your data throughout the month. Then email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (to save to your computer, right-click on the link and choose "Save As").