The bidCSX Grain Car Auction Program can help ensure that you receive the empty rail cars you need for loading, which makes it easier for you to better plan and manage your business.
Important facts about the program:
- This is a voluntary program whereby customers may participate on a month-to-month basis through a link on ShipCSX.
- CSXT does not guarantee car supply; however, we will guarantee money back for cars not placed within each week of the placement period.
- The car placement period is a 4-week cycle preceded by a 3-day bidding period.
- The Car Auction Program is initially limited to jumbo-covered hoppers for single car grain.
- Minimum bids are for 10 cars a week to a single location.
- Minimum bid amounts are determined each month prior to the start of the auction.
- Cars are allocated to the highest bidders. If there are identical bids, then the bid received earliest will win.
- For more program information, refer to the Terms & Conditions for Jumbo-Covered Hoppers (PDF)
For more information on how to participate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.