Load Engineering and Design Services (LEADS)
CSX moves all types of freight and equipment safely and efficiently. Whether you're shipping paper, food products or heavy-duty machinery, you can be assured that your cargo is safe and secure with CSX.
Our Load Engineering and Design specialists will help you design loading patterns to protect your product from potential damage while getting the most out of your rail car capacity. When preparing to ship with CSX, contact LEADS to ensure that your product will be loaded safely and efficiently.
Opening and Closing Box Car Doors
CSX works hard to provide cars to customers that are in good working order. You can help! Watch this short video to learn how to prevent damage to box cars by properly opening and closing doors without forklifts or boom trucks. Watch video (WMV)
Figure 87, Section 2 (PDF)
For the safety of your employees and the protection of your product, CSX strongly encourages you to use the most current AAR-tested and approved loading, blocking and bracing methods.
- AAR Freight Loading Methods
- AAR freight loading/damage prevention publications
- AAR-approved Dunnage Vendors (PDF)
- Request a copy of the CSX Paper Loading Handbook (E-mail Robin Schmidt. Include your name, mailing address, telephone and the number of copies you need.)
For loading design assistance, contact:
- Automobile and automobile parts, Kevin Conlon, 904-279-6350.
- Open top loads, metals and lumber, Terry Smith, 904-279-6378.
- Closed cars, Gary Johnson, 904-279-6344.
- For intermodal shipments, Michael Wiggins, 863-534-2315.