Railroad Emergency – 1-800-232-0144
To report a railroad emergency, contact the CSX Public Safety Coordination Center at 1-800-232-0144 immediately. Be prepared to tell us your name, location and what you observed.
The following are railroad emergencies:
- Crossing Malfunction: Any gate or signal issues.
- Blocked Track: Car or object on the tracks.
- Crossing Accident: Auto or train/auto accident at a crossing.
- Environmental-Hazmat Emergency: Hazmat release.
- Theft/Vandalism: Report theft or vandalism on CSX property.
- Trespassing: Report trespassing on CSX property.
- Blocked Crossing – Currently Blocked: Train currently blocking a crossing.
- Unsafe Employee Driving: Report unsafe driving by a CSX employee.
CSX is the only Class I railroad to provide a central place for the public to call about non-emergency issues. The most common issues involve rough crossings, blocked crossings, horn noise, real estate questions, vegetation and construction projects.
Go to TellCSX