At CSX, our corporate giving program focuses support on personal safety education, community safety and the environment. We support local nonprofit organizations through cash and non-cash donations and through our people. Each year, CSX provides more than $8 million in financial assistance to local and national agencies and organizations that are equally committed to making a difference.
Focus Areas for CSX Giving and Support
At CSX, our giving guidelines are focused on these key areas:
Personal Safety Education
When children feel safe, they are able to learn, grow and reach their full potential. In an effort to help keep kids safe, CSX will support non-profit organizations and school programs that:
- Educate children and their parents on issues of personal safety.
- Help keep children safe on the internet.
- Teach railroad safety to children, teens and adults.
- Provide safe havens that keep children and adults safe from abuse.
In emergency situations, communities must be able to respond in a timely and effective manner, and first responders are key to making this happen. CSX is committed to maintaining, promoting and restoring safety by supporting:
- Safety, disaster, high alert and hazardous materials training.
- Equipment requirements of first responders.
- Projects and activities that keep communities safe, such as a fence around a neighborhood playground.
CSX is committed to protecting the environment through its business practices and its philanthropy. We support programs that:
- Protect air, land and water resources in the communities in which we operate.
- Preserve natural resources.
- Teach environmental stewardship to children and adults.
Request Donations and Sponsorships
The corporation welcomes requests for support throughout the year. Please review our Giving Guidelines , which include Programs, Eligibility and Restrictions. Requests must be submitted via our on-line contribution request application . All requests are reviewed and processed on a quarterly basis by the Corporate Contributions Committee.