CSX in Louisiana
CSX Operations in Louisiana
- Operates and maintains nearly 140 miles of track*
- Maintains nearly 20 public and private grade crossings
- Handled more than 232,000 carloads of freight on the state’s rail network
- At the end of 2014, CSX employed nearly 140 people
- Throughout 2014, CSX reported more than $8.8 million in compensation for employees**
- In 2014, CSX invested nearly $7.9 million in its Louisiana network. In addition, the company invested nearly $539 million in freight cars and other rolling assets to serve customers through its rail system.
- CSX carries a variety of commodities important to our economy and way of life, including consumer products,
automobiles, food and agriculture products, coal and chemicals. Major commodities produced or consumed within the state include plastics, containerized consumer goods, nitrogen fertilizer, industrial waste and phosphates.
CSX Facilities in Louisiana
- Major rail yard in New Orleans (Gentilly)
- Intermodal terminal in New Orleans
- TRANSFLO terminal in New Orleans
CSX and the Louisiana Community
- In 2014, CSX contributed nearly $117,000 to organizations in Louisiana, including the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Louisiana Operation Lifesaver.
* Miles of track includes single main track, other main track, yard tracks and sidings as of December 31, 2014.
** This figure includes current and former employees.
Printable version (PDF)