CSX in Louisiana
CSX Operations in Louisiana
- Operates and maintains nearly 140 miles of track*
- Maintains more than 50 public and private grade crossings
- Handled more than 232,000 carloads of freight on the state’s rail network
- At the end of 2013, CSX employed approximately 140 people
- Throughout 2013, CSX reported more than $8.6 million in compensation for employees**
- In 2013, CSX invested nearly $11 million in its Louisiana network. In addition, the company invested more than $578 million in freight cars and other rolling assets to serve customers through its rail system.
- CSX carries a variety of commodities important to our economy and way of life, including consumer products, automobiles, food and agriculture products, coal and chemicals. Major commodities produced or consumed within the state include plastics, containerized consumer goods, petroleum products, packaging paper and export grain and agricultural products.
CSX Facilities in Louisiana
- Major rail yard in New Orleans (Gentilly)
- Intermodal terminal in New Orleans
- TRANSFLO terminal in New Orleans
CSX and the Louisiana Community
- In 2013, CSX contributed more than $120,000 to organizations in Louisiana, including the Metairie Children’s Carnival Club, Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana, and Louisiana Operation Lifesaver.
* Miles of track includes single main track, other main track, yard tracks and sidings as of December 31, 2013.
** This figure includes current and former employees.
Printable version (PDF)