CSX in Georgia
CSX Operations in Georgia
- Operates and maintains nearly 2,700 miles of track*
- Maintains more than 2,020 public and private grade crossings
- Handled more than 1.9 million carloads of freight on the state’s rail network
- At the end of 2014, CSX employed nearly 3,200 people
- Throughout 2014, CSX reported more than $255.1 million in compensation for employees**
- In 2014, CSX invested more than $129.5 million in its Georgia network. In addition, the company invested nearly $539 million in freight cars and other rolling assets to serve customers through its rail system.
- CSX carries a variety of commodities important to our economy and way of life, including consumer products, automobiles, food and agriculture products, coal and chemicals. Major commodities produced or consumed within the state include containerized consumer goods, aggregates, coal, feed grain and light trucks.
CSX Facilities in Georgia
- Major rail yards in Waycross (Rice), Atlanta (Tilford) and East Savannah
- Intermodal terminals in Atlanta, Fairburn and Savannah
- TRANSFLO terminals in Atlanta, Augusta, Dalton and Savannah
- Automotive distribution center in Lawrenceville
- Railroad Education and Development Institute in Atlanta
- Division headquarters in Atlanta
CSX and the Georgia Community
- In partnership with state and local economic development agencies, Georgia businesses invested more than $61.3 million in new or expanded rail-served facilities on CSX or its connecting regional and short lines in 2014. These investments will generate more than 350 new jobs at those businesses.
- CSX has designated Belfast Commerce Centre in Richmond Hill and Callaway South Industrial Park in LaGrange as “Select Sites,” which are rail-served, ready-to-build locations for industrial development and expansion. The “Select Site” program is part of CSX’s network-wide economic development initiative.
- In 2014, CSX contributed nearly $370,000 to organizations in Georgia, including Hands On Atlanta, Georgia Wildlife Federation, Eagle Ranch Children’s Home and Georgia Operation Lifesaver.
* Miles of track includes single main track, other main track, yard tracks and sidings as of December 31, 2014.
** This figure includes current and former employees.
Printable version (PDF)